Stevens Barracks at the heart of the Citadel campus was originally constructed in 1942 and has been refurbished and renovated several times during its 78 years of operation. It requires a complete renovation to include the removal and replacement of wood framed construction, the replacement of building infrastructure to include a new sprinkler system, electrical system and HVAC systems. Due to the magnitude of renovation necessary and the lack of housing swing space (460 beds), it was decided to build a new barracks and renovate/repurpose the current structure. Anticipated uses include student leadership meeting space, faculty office, the relocated Citadel Museum, and other student-centered functions within the renovated portion of the project. A new addition, inserted into the current quadrangle space, will accommodate regimental band and the leadership reaction course. The roof of the addition will include roof decks for outdoor activities and a green roof.